Data protection law
We support you in handling personal data
Data protection law regulates the protection of information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. The history of German data protection law goes back to the 1970s. Decisively, data protection was determined by the 1983 census ruling of the German Federal Constitutional Court and was further shaped by European law, in particular by the GDPR and its predecessor, the EU Data Protection Directive, which entered into force on May 25, 2018.
Data protection law has a direct impact on a wide range of activities, be it the permissibility of specific business models, the protection of employee or customer data, or the implementation of security measures or advertising activities. Data protection law is designed to be technology-neutral and open to development, so that it constantly raises new, sometimes complex, questions.
HERTIN & Partner has many years of experience in data protection law. We will help you with the legally compliant implementation of DSGVO and help you find a path through the data protection jungle.
Our services include
- Advice on implementing the requirements of the DGSVO and BDSG
- Examination of the permissibility of your business model under data protection law
- Education and training of your employees
- Review of international data transfers
- Process recording and creation of the inventory of processing activities
- Drafting of your data protection declarations in accordance with Art. 13 and 14 DSGVO
- Preparation and negotiation of agreements for commissioned processing
- and much more
… and much more