Dr. Hermann-Josef Omsels
Hermann-Josef Omsels is your attorney-at-law for trademark law, competition law, design law and patent law. In the areas of trademark law and competition law, Mr. Omsels is one of the best-known lawyers in Germany. In his clear and straightforward manner, he will enable strategies for enforcing your economic interests in an optimal way. As your representative, he will see to it that your economic success will not be jeopardized by statutory violations or by a breach of regulations by your competitors.
Thanks to a richness of ideas and impressive knowledge regarding legal practice that was gained over his extensive career, especially in the area of trademark law and competition law, Hermann-Josef Omsels is your lawyer for even the most difficult of issues. His clients rely on him to find creative solutions in complicated situations. Based on a survey conducted among attorneys-at-law and patent attorneys in 2012, he was awarded the title "Lawyer of the Year, Intellectual Property, Berlin”.
Dr. Hermann-Josef Omsels is
- Author of the online commentary regarding competition law (www.omsels.info)
- Author of a monograph covering the law regarding geographical indications
- Co-author of "Harte/Henning, Kommentar zum UWG" [commentary on the German Act Against Unfair Competition]
- Co-author of "Handbuch des Fachanwalts Gewerblicher Rechtsschutz" [guidelines for specialist lawyers regarding the protection of industrial property]
- Author of numerous professional articles regarding trademark law, competition law and copyright
- Associate lecturer at Universität der Künste Berlin (UdK) [Berlin University of the Arts]
- Speaker at expert seminars regarding competition law and trademark law
Attorney-at-law Hermann-Josef Omsels was:
Lawyer of the Year Intellectual Property Berlin 2012
He was voted:
BestLawyer 2009-2011, 2013, 2014
Amongst other things, he is regularly recommended by the following organizations and publications:
- Juve Handbuch der Wirtschaftskanzleien [Juve handbook of corporate law offices]
- Kanzleien in Deutschland
- The Legal 500
He was awarded the titles Lawyer of the Year and BestLawyer based on a survey conducted among colleague attorneys-at-law and patent attorneys working in the same fields. Recommendations are based on editorial research of the respective publications.