Copyright, Publishing Law and Entertainment Law
We protect your creativity
HERTIN & Partner has its roots in copyright and publishing law. In October 1945, Dr. Friedrich Karl Fromm opened the firm in Berlin, focused on copyright and publishing law, and quickly gained a nationwide reputation.
Copyright and entertainment law are still a core competence of HERTIN & Partner. However, its significance in society and industry has grown rapidly during the decades since the founding of our firm. We have accompanied the development from classic media to new media, and we have been active participants in ensuring that copyright law and revolutionary technologies develop in unison.
A wealth of experience in legal proceedings, both in and out of court, including numerous high profile cases and landmark proceedings, are at your disposal at HERTIN & Partner. Be it that you are creatively active as author or artist, or utilize the creative activities of others, at HERTIN & Partner you will find the right support.
Amongst other things, our services comprise the following:
- Enforcement, both in and out of court, of your copyrights against infringements by third parties, in classic as well as new media
- Securing and enforcing appropriate remuneration for your creative activities in view of contractual partners and collecting societies
- In addition, you can count on us in all matters regarding your creations and other creative activities
- We prepare expert opinions in regards to all types of copyright matters
- We prepare, review and negotiate licensing agreements with national and international contractual partners
- We review your websites, develop general terms and conditions and data privacy statements in cooperation with you and support your online presence
… and much more
"Traditionally, HERTIN & Partner represents individuals, but also companies, in all areas of copyright and entertainment law, especially in the music and literature sectors. The law firm’s team and Paul Hertin are valued by clients thanks to the latter’s 'wealth of experience and top-class expert knowledge'." The Legal 500 – Germany 2014
"HERTIN & Partner can be 'recommended in good conscience' for the 'speedy, uncomplicated and open communication, unpretentious consultation and outstanding legal knowledge'" The Legal 500 – Germany 2014
"In several proceedings regarding copyright, trademark law and competition law, the firm has won groundbreaking proceedings in the past couple of years. Prof. Dr. Paul W. Hertin, who gave the law firm its name, is seen as one of the leading experts in the area of copyright and media in Germany (entertainment law, broadcasting law, press law and publishing law)." Kanzleien in Deutschland – 2014
"The Berlin boutique law firm HERTIN & Partner is known for its expertise in the areas of copyright, media and entertainment law as well as trademark law and competition law. The firm advises a multitude of different well-known individuals as well as famous artists." The Legal 500 – Germany 2011/2012
"HERTIN & Partner represents clients in matters of copyright, licensing issues as well as, more and more, in questions regarding new media." The Legal 500 – Germany 2011/2012